Infrared saunas have a multitude of benefits, including muscle and organ relaxation, detoxification, pain relief, improved cell health, better circulation, anti-aging, skin purification, and weight loss.
Infrared Pod & Sauna
Sauna & Infrared Pod Health Benefits
Sweat Out the Toxins
Sunlighten saunas, with the deepest infrared penetration, can help increase blood flow and perspiration. Sweating is one of the body’s safest and most natural ways to heal and maintain good health by helping to eliminate toxic heavy metals, drug residues and hormone disruptors.
Boost the Immune System
Heating the body from inside can improve the function of the immune system just like fever can. Therefore, regular Sunlighten sauna use can help reduce the incidences of cold and flu, or even help you recover faster.
Enjoy Deep Tissue Relief
Infrared therapy can increase blood flow and reduce inflammation. Sunlighten infrared saunas can best penetrate tissues to relieve aches and pain. Far-infrared sauna therapy has been shown to help with pain from fibromyalgia and autoimmune conditions, such as Sjogren’s, Behcet’s, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Boost Metabolism & Lose Fat
Our specific near-infrared wavelength stimulates sluggish metabolism and improved fat burning for energy. Increasing core body heat can increase calorie burn, similar to exercise. Infrared saunas also help with the elimination of toxins that cause fat storage.
Experience Bliss and Reduce Stress
Enjoy the euphoria and relaxation from endorphin release, just like after exercising, sweating, or even meditating in the gentle radiant heat. The therapeutic heat will leave you refreshed providing relaxation to calm your mind.
Improve Heart Health
Infrared therapy can help your heart work better by exercising the heart, reducing blood sugar, and improving circulation12. In addition, Sunlighten sauna have been clinically shown to reduce blood pressure.
A Passive Cardio Workout
The elevation in one's core body temperature from a Sunlighten sauna session produces an increase in blood flow that mirrors the benefits of a passive cardio workout. Increased circulation from infrared heat reduces inflammation, decreases pain and aids in muscle recovery..
Heal Wounds Faster & Minimize Scarring
Our advanced Solocarbon Custom Spectrum heating technology has the unique ability to heal wounds faster and minimize scarring through the use of near infrared LEDs. No other sauna has this capability.
Slow Down & Reverse Aging
Heat-shock responses are like exercises that help your body function as new. In addition, stimulating your metabolism with out near-infrared spectrum can improve skin renewal and slow down aging.
1. Avci, P. et al. Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) in skin: Stimulating, healing, restoring. Semin. Cutan. Med. Surg. 32, 41–52 (2013).
2. Hussain, J. & Cohen, M. Clinical Effects of Regular Dry Sauna Bathing: A Systematic Review. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine vol. 2018 (2018).
3. Laatikainen, T., Salminen, K., Kohvakka, A. & Pettersson, J. Response of plasma endorphins, prolactin and catecholamines in women to intense heat in a sauna. Eur. J. Appl. Physiol. Occup. Physiol. 57, 98–102 (1988).
4. Kukkonen-Harjula, K. & Kauppinen, K. How the sauna affects the endocrine system. Ann. Clin. Res. 20, 262–266 (1988).
5. Sears, M. E., Kerr, K. J. & Bray, R. I. Arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury in sweat: A systematic review. Journal of Environmental and Public Health vol. 2012 (2012).
6. Crinnion, W. Components of practical clinical detox programs–sauna as a therapeutic tool. Altern. Ther. Health Med. 13, S154-6 (2007).
7. Lennox, R. D. & Cecchini-Sternquist, M. Safety and tolerability of sauna detoxification for the protracted withdrawal symptoms of substance abuse. J. Int. Med. Res. 46, 4480–4499 (2018).
8. Hamblin, M. MECHANISMS OF LOW-LEVEL LIGHT THERAPY. photobiology.info/Hamblin.html (2008). Last accessed Dec 4, 2019.
9. NIEHS. Obesogens. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (2019).
10. Ervolino, F. & Gazze, R. Far infrared wavelength treatment for low back pain: Evaluation of a non-invasive device. Work 53, 157–162 (2016).
11. Matsumoto, S., Shimodozono, M., Etoh, S., Miyata, R. & Kawahira, K. Effects of thermal therapy combining sauna therapy and underwater exercise in patients with fibromyalgia. Complement. Ther. Clin. Pract. 17, 162–166 (2011).
12. Beever, R. Far-infrared saunas for treatment of cardiovascular risk factors: Summary of published evidence. Canadian Family Physician vol. 55 691–696 (2009).
13. Edwards, B. & Kort, H. A study of the health benefits of far infrared sauna therapy. (2001).
14. Evans, S. S., Repasky, E. A. & Fisher, D. T. Fever and the thermal regulation of immunity: The immune system feels the heat. Nature Reviews Immunology vol.15 335–349 (2015).
15. Loturco, I. et al. Effects of far infrared rays emitting clothing on recovery after an intense plyometric exercise bout applied to elite soccer players: A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Biol. Sport 33, 277–283 (2016).
16. Hamblin, M. R. Mechanisms and applications of the anti-inflammatory effects of photobiomodulation. AIMS Biophysics vol. 4 337–361 (2017).